With the current restrictions, no-one is organising an event for the whole village. However, those that would like to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the historic day, could contact their immediate neighbours and set something up locally along the following times. Social distancing rules MUST BE observed.
VE Day timetable
- 11am — Two-minute silence on your doorstep
- 3pm — Churchill speech shown on BBC
- 4pm — Tea and Scones (or Coffee and Cake)
- 6pm — Dinner and raise your glass to your neighbours
- 9pm — Nationwide sing-a-long to “We’ll meet again” with Royal British legion after the Queen’s address